Bur doe or Merkens Chocolate, Milk AND/OR Dark Chocolate. The amount you want is entirely dependant on how much you want to make
Peanut Butter Cup Molds
2 cups white sugar
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups heavy cream
½ tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1. Stir sugar, cream and cream of tartar in a heavy sauce pan. Stir well so it looks like this:
2. Put on lid and turn heat to high. Boil 2-3 minutes. Keep lid on and do not stir. Boil until you think crystals are dissolved around sides of the pan. Carefully put in a thermometer – do not stir!. Cook until correct temperature. Too soft 228 degrees – 230-232 degrees will work.
3. Take out candy thermometer and pour onto a sprayed cookie sheet. Let cool at least 30 minutes. Scrape into a bowl. Mix with a bread hook and beat. Add peanut butter to taste.
4. Melt chocolate in double broiler and fill cups with melted chocolate. Tap base firmly on counter to get air bubbles out.
5. Let sit about 30 seconds to a minute and then turn upside down and swirl/jiggle to force chocolate out of cups.
6. Cool in fridge/freezer till cool enough/set enough to put in peanut butter filling.
7. Make a ball of that peanut butter filling mixture and put into chocolate cup. Press in. Spread a layer of chocolate on top and seal edges.
8. Let sit in freezer/fridge and then pop out peanut butter cups to eat!