1box Chocolate Fudge cake mix, plus ingredients needed to prepare (eggs, oil, water)
8oz cream cheese, softened
½cup creamy peanut butter
½tsp vanilla extract
4cups powdered sugar
½cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup miniature chocolate peanut butter cups, halved
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare chocolate cake mix according to package instructions and pour into a lightly greased 9×13 cake pan, DO NOT BAKE – set aside.
3. Melt butter on stove top until bubbly. Pour into mixing bowl and beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract, beat till smooth. Add one cup of powdered sugar at a time to bowl, and beat until fully incorporated and mixture becomes light and fluffy.
4. Scoop spoonfuls of the peanut butter mixture onto the chocolate cake batter, all over. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups.
5. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the center is only slightly jiggly. Let cool for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing and serving warm. Top with ice cream if desired! Enjoy!